If you want to set parental control on your Alexa device. Then you have landed in the right spot. In this, you will get to know the method of How to set parental controls on Alexa? Alexa performs many functions, that includes, playing audio, controlling your smart home, answering questions, and engaging your favorite services in order to keep you organized, informed, safe, connected, and entertained.
It is a virtual assistant that responds to voice commands with an active internet connection and is designed to be family-friendly. Alexa also offers small tasks like setting alarms and reminders, making to-do lists, and providing weather, traffic, sports, and other real-time information, such as news and much more.
Amazon Alexa can perform many tasks other than controlling smart home lights and timers. Enabling parental controls on the Amazon Echo is not tough as it seems. This feature can stop them from buying anything without your permission. You can control what content your child can hear or watch, and also what your kids can access and for how long they can access it. And you can also monitor your child’s phone by setting up parental mode on their phone.
You should have access to your Amazon Alexa app on your mobile phone if you want to set the parental controls feature. The parental feature can set limitations on what your child is doing. You can also turn the profanity filter on, it will avoid Alexa from saying that you would not want your child to hear.
Enabling parental controls on Alexa can protect your child from watching false and unwanted content. New technologies have the potential to expose children to unsuitable content or features. Therefore it is necessary to turn the parental control feature on with the help of the Alexa app. Here are the methods to turn on the parental feature on your Amazon Echo device.
Methods for How to Set Parental Controls on Alexa:
New technologies have the potential to expose children to unsuitable content or features. So, to keep children safe from unsuitable content on phones, then you should enable the parental control feature, on Amazon Echo devices. Turn on the parental feature, on your Alexa. Go through the below steps to enable parental control on your Echo device.
- Launch the Alexa App on your phone.
- Go to the option device at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select the option all devices.
- After this, all the Amazon Echo devices are listed. If not, then pair the device with the on-screen prompt.
- Choose the device in which you want to set the parental control.
- Then click on Amazon kids.
- Click on the digital on/off switch, in order to turn the parental control on.
- Then simply follow the on-screen prompt, in order to create an Amazon kid account.
- For this, fill in the details of your child that include name and date of birth.
- After creating a parental account, the Alexa app will remember this.
- And whenever you will turn the Amazon kid again on a new device, then it will select the profile you have already set up.
- You can also set up multiple Amazon kids accounts and also give them their own restrictions.
How to Disable the Voice Purchasing Feature on Amazon Echo?
The voice purchasing feature on Amazon Echo means using your voice to make purchases. Follow the below steps to disable the voice purchasing feature on the Amazon Echo device:
- Launch the Alexa app on your phone.
- Go to the option ‘Settings’ on the left side of the menu.
- Then scroll down and click on the option ‘voice purchasing.’
- After this, click on the toggle to turn off the voice purchasing feature.
Steps to Turn the Profanity Filter on:
The profanity filter is used to turn explicit filtering for songs on and off. This profanity filter will avoid Alexa from saying that you do not want your child to hear. Follow the below steps to turn the profanity filter on:
- On your phone open the Alexa app.
- Then go to the settings option.
- And click on the music and podcast option.
- Scroll down and turn the ‘explicit language filter’ on.
What are GoHenry’s Parental Controls?
Amazon Echo device offers parental control to protect children from using the GoHenry service. GoHenry’s parental controls are a debit card that is family-friendly. These cards are for teenagers and kids that will help them in learning how to manage money and also participate in a digital economy. From this, you can decide where, when, and how much kids can spend using their GoHenry prepaid debit card.
Use the parent app, and you can easily add and change the settings. You can also monitor spending and will get notified when using their cards or if declined. In order to protect your child’s financial future, there is also an app “money missions.” The fun videos and quizzes are set up by teachers and financial experts to teach the children about the basics of money. It includes saving, spending, money safety, and many more.
If you want to set parental control on Alexa then go through the above steps and it will help you in How to Set Parental Controls on Alexa? It is good to have access to parental control on the Amazon Echo device. Certainly, the above steps will help you to set parental controls on Alexa. This feature will help in keeping children away from mature and unwanted subjects that you might want them to avoid. It is also possible that your child accidentally orders and pays for the item on Amazon directly through Amazon Echo. It also helps in keeping an eye on what your child is watching and for how long your child is on the phone. Setting parental mode protects from such cases.
If any Issues? Contact the Expert Here: Alexa Setup Help