The iconic light ring on Amazon Echo devices makes them more attractive. Along with that, there are some specific Alexa ring light Issues that may confuse you at times.
It is vital to understand the types and meaning of these ring light colors. So that you can resolve various Alexa ring light issues when they occur.
Not everyone is aware of these ring lights and its troubleshooting. You might face stuck red ring light or flashing yellow light on your Echo after you finish the Echo setup.
Have no idea about what exactly these stuck or flashing Alexa lighting issue means?
And how to resolve Alexa lighting issue? Well do not worry, here is an easy guide explaining how to troubleshoot various Alexa ring light issues.
How to Fix Alexa Red Ring Light Issue
First Understand ‘What is Alexa red ring light issue’ or ‘What does red ring on Alexa mean?’. A stable red light or flashing red ring light on Echo indicated your Echo is muted. In such a situation you might face these problems:
- When Echo shows red ring light, it denies understanding your commands.
- The ring light gets stuck in red and responds, “I’m sorry, I don’t understand right now, try again later.”
- Your Amazon Echo stops listening to you.
We know how frustrating: when the world’s best virtual assistant doesn’t acknowledge you.
Follow the instructions given below to fix Alexa red ring problem quickly!
Fix: Unmute the microphone in your Echo device to shoo away stuck red ring light issues. Do the Following:
- Long press the microphone button placed at the top of your Echo device.
- This will unmute it, and the red ring light will go away. This will enable your Echo to listen and respond back to you.
- In case it doesn’t go, move to next step.
- Reset your Amazon Echo device to delete other settings. These other stored instructions might be creating problems for Alexa to understand you.
- Perform a hard reset to get your Echo back in its original form.
No idea about how to do this, no worry. learn in detail about ‘How to reset Amazon Echo.’
After a reset; connect your Alexa to wi-fi and do Echo setup again (if required).
How to Fix Flashing Yellow Ring Light Issue
Another Alexa Echo ring light issue that may bother you is ‘flashing yellow ring light.’ The ring light gets stuck yellow or shows flashing yellow. In case some unread messages or notifications are waiting for you.
Here are various related queries that people Google to find an easy fix for flashing yellow light on Echo dot.
- My Echo won’t stop flashing Yellow
- Why my Echo device is showing a yellow light?
- What does Alexa pulsing yellow light indicate?
- How to fix pulsing yellow light on Echo?
- Why is Alexa Echo top ring yellow?
Fix: Does this yellow flashing light irritates you? Here is what you need to do to fix Alexa yellow ring light issue. Do the following:
- Go to your inbox and check all unread messages.
- Ask Alexa to check your messages or unchecked notifications for you.
- Say, “Alexa, what are my notifications?”
Checking pending messages will immediately resolve the yellow flashing ring light issue.
Understanding Alexa Blue Ring Light
The Echo and Echo dot device have no screen to display. So the ring lights at the top are the only medium of interaction. Various ring light colors indicate different things going on with Alexa Echo.
The Alexa blue ring light has some variations in it. And each variation conveys different messages. Here is what you should know about Alexa blue ring lights.
Solid blue Ring light with spinning cyan
The Alexa ring shows solid blue with Cyan color when you power on the device. This means the device is restoring the power and doing the initial set up to get ready to perform.
Solid blue with cyan pointing in the direction of the speaker (You or someone who is commanding)
When you say the wake word, then you will notice Alexa Blue ring light with Cyan patch facing towards the person.
Ring Light Alternate Solid Blue and Cyan Color
When Your Echo is responding to your command, the ring shows solid blue and cyan color alternately.
Understanding Alexa Green Ring Light
The Alexa Green ring light indicates any communication going on. It could be flashing or spinning green light.
- A pulsing Alexa green ring light indicates an ongoing activity with Skype, Alexa Communication, or Drop-In features.
- The green light pulses on ring top when you are getting a call or someone is Dropping In on your Echo.
- The spinning green ring light on Alexa means you are attending call or a Drop-In is working on your device.
The working of your Alexa Echo device mainly depends upon the appropriate wi-fi connectivity. Another major factor that let your Alexa perform well is the internet speed. So make sure you got both working in order.
Need help with how to connect Alexa to wi-fi network? Click here.