The Amazon Echo Dot device comes with various exciting features. When you are tired of the standard voice of Alexa so you can change Alexa’s voice in the Alexa app, it is also interesting to know that you can change Alexa’s accent or language. There is also a chance for users to use the celebrity voice for Alexa. It is also crucial to know how to change Alexa’s voice. Here we can discuss the proper method to change the voice, accent, and language in detail.
How to Change Alexa Voice on Your Echo Dot Device
You can easily change your Alexa device’s voice, language, and accent. Here you can check the steps for how to change Alexa voice on your Echo device. Follow these steps :
- First, there is a need to give the voice command “Alexa, change your voice.”
- After this device will respond in a new voice. You can choose either the masculine or feminine voice for the new response (depending on which voice you have previously used).
- Here you can say “OK, you’re all set. I’ll be the voice you hear when you speak to this device.”
- If it does not work properly, then Alexa will say “sorry, [name of your device] doesn’t support that.”
How to Change Alexa Voice on the Alexa app for iOS or Android
You can quickly change the Alexa voice on your Alexa app. It becomes easier for you after following these steps.
- You can open the Alexa app on your device (Download Alexa App).
- Here you can click on Devices at the bottom of the app.
- Now go to the top left and click on Echo & Alexa.
- You can change Alexa’s voice on any device by tapping on it.
- In the upper right corner, tap the Settings cog wheel.
- Scroll down to Alexa’s voice option and click on it.
- Here you can select either the original feminine voice or the new masculine voice.
How to Change Alexa’s Language and Accent
You can use your Alexa app to change your Alexa language and accent according to your preference. Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet to change Alexa’s language or accent. Select your Alexa device under More > Settings > Device Settings. You can select a language or accent by scrolling down and tapping languages.
- There is a need to open your Alexa app on your phone or tablet. If you don’t have this app you can download it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Here you can click on More. In the bottom-right corner of your screen, you will see this next to the three-line icon.
- Now you can click on Settings > Device Settings.
- Change the voice of the Alexa device you want to change. It is also important to note that you can change language or accent at one time.
- Here you can scroll down and choose a language.
- Now you can choose language or accent for Alexa’s voice. For pronunciation, there are few options for English accents such as UK, India, Canada, and Australia.
- If you see any message, click on it.
- Now you can click on Ok. It also needs to remember that it takes a few minutes to change your Alexa device.
It is also imperative to follow all the steps properly to change the voice, language, and accent.
How to Make Alexa Whisper
There is also an option to make Alexa whisper. You can also perform this from the Alexa app and Echo device. You can enable whisper mode by saying “Alexa, enable whisper mode.” Or you can go to More > Settings > Voice Responses in the Alexa app. To enable Whisper Mode, tap the slider next to it.
- First, you can open your Alexa app.
- You can click on More at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Here you can tap settings > voice responses. It comes under the Alexa preference.
- Last but not least, tape the slider next to Whisper Mode. If it is blue, it is enabled.
For shorter responses, you can also enable Brief Mode if Alexa’s voice becomes annoying. There is also a chance that Alexa plays a sound to accept your request instead of answering verbally. Go to More > Settings > Voice Responses in the Alexa app to enable Brief Mode. To enable Brief Mode, tap the slider next to it.
How to Make Alexa Talk Slower
You can make Alexa talk slower by saying, “Alexa, talk slower.” The assistant’s speed can also be increased by saying, “Alexa, talk faster.” To return to the original speed, simply say, “Alexa, go back to your default speed.” It is also crucial to know that there are no settings for this in the Alexa app, so there is a need to control Alexa’s speed with voice commands.
How to Change Alexa Voice to Celebrity Voice
You can also use celebrity voices such as Samuel L. Jackson, Melissa McCarthy, Shaquille O’Neal, and many more for Alexa’s voice. There is a need to purchase your favorite celebrity voice. It is also necessary to give voice commands to start the process. When you complete the purchase there is a need to enable it. You can also enable it from your Alexa app.
- You can open the Alexa app.
- Here you can go to the bottom of the screen and click on devices.
- Now you can click on Echo & Alexa button which is on the top left.
- After this, you can enable a celebrity voice.
- Now you can click on the settings cog wheel button which is in the upper right corner.
- There is a need to scroll down the Wake Word option and click on it.
After these steps, you can also change again the voice. It is also necessary for users to follow all steps properly for how to change Alexa’s voice.
When you know how to change Alexa’s voice, language, and accent it becomes easier to make your Amazon Echo Dot device customized. There is a need to use the latest version of the Alexa App and Echo Dot device so no issue will occur during this process.
Also Read: How to Connect Alexa To WiFi