Echo Dot is a hands-free smart speaker that can be controlled using your voice.
It works by connecting to Alexa voice service in order to play music, answer the questions, make calls, listen to the news, to know weather forecasts, sports scores, set alarms, and reminders and also to provide various sorts of information.
Echo dot is a speaker that produces a louder and richer sound.
How to do Alexa Setup
- First of all, you need to plug in the echo and also you need to be connected to a power source at the same time.
- You must have the Alexa App in your android. Alexa App is available both for android and IOS.
- After installing Alexa App you need to connect Alexa App to connect to Wi-Fi. The minimum speed for wi-fi should be 512 Kbps.
- Now you can ask for music, weather, news and many more. It is quite easy and simple to set up an Alexa device.
Salient Features of Alexa Echo Dot
Made for any Room
Alexa can be used in any room because of its sleek and compact design. It has an inbuilt speaker in it, So you can place Alexa anywhere in the room.
You can ask Alexa to switch off the lights, shop million of products from Amazon just by using your voice.
So you don’t need to worry about your shopping lists, Alexa can do it easily just by your voice. Also, Alexa can be connected to other speakers through a cable or Bluetooth and thus add voice to your home stereo system giving you louder and richer sound.
Voice Control Your Music
You can easily search for your favorite album, artists just by using your voice. If you want to play music in another room, it is also possible through Alexa.
All that you need to do is just ask Alexa to play song, album, artist. Alexa App can be used to create groups with two or more than two Echo devices and name the group as Home. Whenever you want to play music, You can simply say Alexa play music in my Home.
Hands-free calling and Messaging
Echo Device has made it really convenient to stay connected to your family, friends easily. You can use your Echo device to call your friends, family when you are busy making dinner simultaneously just by asking Alexa to call my mom/send a message to dad. It will do it in seconds.
Echo dot has seven microphones and also beaming technology, noise cancellation technology. Echo dot can hear you even if it is too noisy. Simply say Alexa and it would detect your voice instantly.
Smart Home Technology
Alexa has made life more comfortable and easier. The best facility that is available is the smart home facility. You don’t need to get up of the bed to switch off lights.
All that you have to do is simply Ask Alexa to switch off the lights or dim the lights, Alexa, It would do it instantly. It works with devices that are smart lights, plugs from different lights i.e. Philips, Syska, TP-Link, etc.
Apart from listening to music, making calls, Alexa has got some amazing features too. You can request Alexa to book an Uber cab for you, Order food from Zomato, listen to the latest news from CNN, Know weather forecasts and get different types of information easily.
How to Reset Alexa Echo Dot?
Some of the times you may need to reset your Alexa device because you want to upgrade to a new model or gift Alexa to any of your friends/family. So you may need to reset the device so that the credentials won’t be saved on your device. So it becomes necessary to reset your Alexa device.
There are two ways to reset Alexa Device:
- Through Alexa Device itself
- Through Alexa App
Let us discuss both of the methods for your convenience.
Through Alexa Device
There are three generations of Echo devices i.e
- First Generation
- Second Generation
- Third Generation
First Generation Echo Devices
Below are listed some steps to reset the first generation devices:
- Ist generation Echo and Echo dots will have only two buttons at the top.
- Try to find the reset button on the device. Look for the reset button it would be a small hole near the base of the device.
- You can use a paper clip or a tool similar to it so as to press it. Hold the reset button until the light ring on your Echo device turns orange and blue later on
- Next wait for the light ring to turn on and off again. The light should be orange in color.
- Open the Alexa app on your device and connect it to Wi-fi to register to your Amazon account.
Second Generation Echo Devices
Below are listed some steps to reset the second generation devices:
- Press and hold the microphone off and volume down buttons at the same time. Hold these two buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds until the light ring turns orange in color. After a couple of seconds, it will turn blue in color.
- Wait for the light ring to turn on and off again. It should be orange in color.
- Lastly, open your Alexa App and connect it to the WI-FI network so that you can register to your Amazon account.
Third Generation Echo Devices
Below are listed some steps to reset the third generation devices:
- The first step to reset third generation echo devices is to press and hold the Action button for about 25 seconds until the light turns orange.
- Wait for the light to turn on and off again till the light turns orange in color.
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone and connect it to the wi-fi network so that you can register to your Amazon account.
Through Alexa App
Below are listed some steps to reset the echo devices through the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa app on your Smartphone.
- Next, open the devices button in the lower left corner of the smartphone.
- Select Echo & Alexa.
- Select the Echo or Alexa device that you want to reset.
- You will find a line at the bottom stating “Device is Registered to “ and then press deregister.
- A window appears to confirm if you want to reset the Echo device. Click on Deregister.
- Your Echo Device has been reset successfully now.
- In order to set up the device again, Press and hold the Action button on the device for five seconds at least. The light ring will turn orange.
- Open the Alexa App on your device and connect it to the Wi-Fi network. Now you can register to your Amazon account successfully.
Follow these simple steps and reset your Alexa Device easily.
For more information regarding Alexa Setup, call our experts or visit our website Amazon Alexa Helpline number