Alexa is not just about reading books and playing music. This smart assistant can also control your Smart TV via Echo or similar smart speakers. All you need is to do the simple process to set up your TV with Alexa.
You can use Alexa Assistant on your TV in 6 different ways.
• You can use Alexa using Amazon Fire TV devices
• You can use Alexa device using a TV which supports Alexa
• Using Alexa with the Logitech Harmony remote control system
• Via Roku Device
• Via URC custom remote control system
• With the help Dish on Direct TV
Here are the Simple Steps to set up Alexa with a TV
Amazon Fire TV devices are easily accessible in the market, and they are easy to set up with Alexa. But there are other specific TV models apart from Fire TV and are supported by Alexa via Echo devices. These selected models are LG, Sony, and Vizio and were manufactured between the year 2017-2018. Here are the steps mentioned to connect these TVs with your Alexa device.
For Amazon Fire TV
• Using your smartphone, go to the Alexa App and open ‘Menu’ section.
• Select ‘Music, Videos and Books’ options.
• Find your Fire TV and click on it. Complete the additional setups if needed to complete the process and select ‘Link services’ option.
• Once you have linked the two devices, you can use the Amazon Alexa Echo device to manage your Fire TV.
For LG TVs:
• Make sure before proceeding for the setup that you LG TV is using web OS 4.0 operating system or even higher.
• Go on the Home screen of your TV and launch the Set-Up TV option for Alexa app.
• Login to your LG account To select your TV name.
• Go to Mobile set up guide page and open the Alexa app. Here you will need to enable the LG SmartThinQ Alexa Skill. Once you allow it, you can easily link it with your LG account.
• Then follow the onscreen instruction to finish the set process.
For Sony TVs:
• Just like LG, Enable the Sony TV Alexa App on your smartphone
• Now, go to Home screen and open ‘TV control setup with Amazon Alexa App.’
• Login with here using your Google account and make a selection of your TV model name. In case you don’t have a Gmail account then create one and also name your TV.
• Follow the instructions and link your Echo device with your TV.
These are the simple steps which you can follow to perform the set up to connect Alexa on your TV. By this way, you can use Alexa to control your TV. In case, you not able to understand or perform these steps and need the help of an expert to do the setup process for you then dial our toll-free number to contact our Alexa Customer Service team. You can also contact us via chat or email. We work round the clock to provide timely assistance to our clients.