After setting up your fancy smart home, the Amazon Alexa device keeps displaying a blue light ring. Do you know what it means?
Check out all the scenarios that could lead to a blue light on your Alexa-enabled devices.
Different types of Alexa Blue Ring Light Meaning?
You may see a blue light on your Alexa device for a number of reasons.
Solid Blue Light Cyan Segment: Means Awaiting a Command
As soon as you use your wake word, Alexa by default, you’ll see your device display a blue circle, which indicates that it’s waiting for you. In this case, it is waiting for you to give it another command after it has heard the wake word. It will also indicate who your device is listening to with a cyan section pointing in the direction that the sound originates.
Pulsating Blue Cyan Light: Means Processing a Command
The Alexa device is currently processing the request you just made if you see pulsating cyan and blue lights. While skills or other features are loading, this light pattern will usually appear while Alexa responds to you.
Spinning Blue and Cyan Light: Rebooting
Your Alexa device may appear blue with a spinning cyan section if you have recently unplugged and re-plugged it. This indicates that the device has rebooted itself after being shut down. When the setup is complete, the device will flash blue and cyan briefly so that you cannot interact with it.
Why Does my Alexa Echo have a blue Ring?
It’s like you’ve broken your Amazon Echo device, unless you spilled coffee on it. The new one will probably need to be buried after you order it!
It is important to remember, however, that the solid blue ring does not necessarily mean the end of the road. There are a few reasons why this might occur, so let’s take a look at them.
- It appears that you are not using the power adapter that came with your Amazon Echo.
- The Echo device hasn’t been reset.
- It is possible to turn on Do Not Disturb (DND).
- A bad power outlet has been used to plug in the device.
- It is impossible for you to access the internet (or it is a poor connection).
What Main Reason For People Call it the “Blue Ring of Death”
People who live on the internet coined this term for smart home technology! Errors are indicated by blue lights. There was a blue screen of death in Windows XP, and the Playstation 4 has a blue light of death!
Thus was born the phrase! An Amazon Echo device will display a solid blue ring when it is processing your query, malfunctioning, or refusing to respond.
How To Fix Alexa Echo Dot Blue Ring of Death! or Alexa Blue Ring Issues
You will be able to get rid of Alexa Blue Ring by following the guidelines step by step and properly. It’s time to get started!
Step1: Do Quick Alexa Setup
- For around 10-15 seconds, hold down the action button.
- The ring will turn orange as it is exposed to light.
- As soon as the orange ring appears, it means that Alexa is in setup mode, which takes some time to complete.
- You will be automatically prompted to reboot your device in order to get your device reset.
Step2: Restart the Alexa Device
- You will need to unplug the power cable in order to do this.
- Count for 10 seconds and then stop.
- Connect the cable again and make sure it is plugged in properly.
- It is time to turn on the smart speaker.
Step3: Improve Internet Connectivity
- It is important to maintain a distance between the router and the smart speaker that is between 3 and 4 feet at all times.
- The router should not be placed on a glass surface, as this will cause Internet instability.
- There should be approximately 7 feet between the router and the ground.
- A router and Alexa should not be near any electronic goods.
- If there are any internal fluctuations in your router, reboot it.
Step4: Turn Off DND Mode
- Make sure your mobile device is connected to Alexa.
- Click on Devices.
- Choose Echo & Alexa from the list.
- Your device is up to you.
- Don’t Disturb (DND) mode should be selected.
- You can simply turn it off.
Step5: Update The Smart Speaker
- Install the Alexa app on your device.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Tap Settings and scroll bottom of the screen.
- Choose a device and click
- Updates are available.
- Updates can be installed by clicking on it.
Step6: Check The Power Outlet
The blue ring of death issue caused by Alexa is an unexpected issue. There is a possibility that your Alexa is set up correctly, connected to strong network, and updated, but the issue has been caused by a damaged power outlet.
This indicates that the outlet needs to be replaced if the power cable to the socket is loose or not tightly connected to the switch.
Otherwise, your device will definitely have problems, so you should change the power outlet ASAP.
Now that you are familiar with Alexa’s blue ring, hopefully, you will be able to understand it completely. It won’t be necessary for you to search for a solid blue ring on Alexa if you are facing a spinning, pulsating, or solid blue ring on your phone. There are many different types and approaches that can be used to fix Alexa’s blue light ring flashing.
Why Does the Alexa beeping blue Ring?
A beeping blue ring from Alexa means that Alexa is responding to your request.
What happens when Alexa Blue Ring and not responding issues?
The smart speaker simply means that it has heard your command and has started processing it at the moment. You will see the blue light disappear as soon as Alexa finishes processing your request. In this case, you do not have to take any action because the light will disappear on its own, so there is no need to worry about it.
How to get rid of the Blue Ring on my Amazon Alexa device?
When you want to turn off the blue light on Amazon Alexa, simply say “Alexa, stop”. If this does not work, you may have to unplug the device and re-plug it if it does not work after that. In case you’re still having trouble with this issue, you might want to try a full reset of the device by holding down the volume down and mute buttons simultaneously for 20 seconds.
Alexa blue Ring Won’t Stop why?
It is important to check if your wireless network is functioning properly. It is possible for Alexa to become stuck in an offline state, resulting in the constant blue ring to appear. If you are having trouble connecting to the speaker even if your internet connection is fine, then restart your Wi-Fi router.
If you’re not sure how to make the Alexa Echo blue ring flashing won’t go away, then you can get in touch with our Alexa Helpline experts.
Read Also the Alexa red ring issues and its solutions