Feeling annoyed with Alexa app stuck on setup issue? Don’t feel isolated. Many people face trouble with Alexa Echo setup. This post will help you learn easy fixes for Alexa setup problems; especially if your Alexa setup is stuck on Android phone.
Moreover, if your Alexa setup app is not working; you have landed over the right page. If you are interested in getting back your Alexa to work; read it carefully. Let’s start!!
Basic Troubleshooting For Alexa App Stuck On Setup
When your Alexa setup app gets stuck while undergoing the setup process; this simply indicates there is some communication gap. Alexa needs to be correctly connected to the wi-fi network. to complete the Echo setup process. The moment you realize your:
- Alexa stop responding
- Amazon Alexa app is not working
- Alexa app crashing again and again.
Or you are getting “Alexa Stopped working” error; you should try the below-given basic troubleshooting steps first.
- Check your internet connection. Check if your other devices can access the internet.
- Make sure internet access is running on good speed.
- Make sure your wi-fi network is working trouble-free.
- Stay close to your router to get strong signal strength.
- Check the location of your Echo device as well; don’t place is far from your android phone and the router.
- Restart your Android phone, Echo device, router, and modem once.
In case the initial check-up doesn’t work, then you should move forward to perform some technical diagnosis. Following, we will take up various similar Alexa android setup crashing issues along with their solution.
Problem 1: Alexa App Stuck On Setup Android
Solution: Using an old Alexa app is the prime reason to make Alexa setup app stuck on Android. Try these:
Step 1: Update Alexa App
Make sure you are using the latest Alexa app version.
If you are using an old version, do up-graded Alexa app.
Usually, updating apps can fix the various setup issue on Alexa Echo. Therefore, you should not keep updating your apps.
Step 2: Update the ‘Android System Webview’
The second thing you should do is to update ‘Android System Webview.” do the following
- Go to Play Store.
- Look for ‘Android System Webview’ in the search bar.
- Click on the ‘update’ button.
- Now again try to setup Alexa app on your Echo device.
Step 3: Check Date And Time
Irrelevant date and the time your android phone cloud also make Alexa app freezes during setup. You better set it to automatic instead of manually to fix date & time.
Go to Device Settings-> date and time-> enable ‘Automatic date and time’ option.
Unable to fix Alexa Setup App Issue – Contact Alexa Helpline for instant help!!
Problem 2: Alexa App White Screen Error
Solution: while taking up the setup process sometimes; Alexa app stuck on the White screen of setup. This could be very annoying. As your Alexa will stop working and you will feel sucked. In such a case, try the following:
- A simple restart could make this Alexa app white Screen error go away. If it doesn’t work, then implement the next quick fixes.
- Try performing a hard reset on your Echo device if this doesn’t work. Then move to the next step.
- Check IP Address of Router
- Login to your router admin page.
- Go to Setup tab>select LAN setup> “Network address server settings.”
- verify the assigned IP; it shouldn’t conflict with IP given to other devices.
Problem 3: Alexa App Crashing Android
Solution: People do search the internet for “What to do when Alexa app keeps crashing on my android phone?” You keep getting “Alexa has stopped” message when it crashes. And it really is very annoying. To fix this problem, try the following tricks.
- Update your installed Alexa app; chances are there that you are using an old version.
- Uninstall the Alexa app from your android phone and reinstall it again.
- Disable notifications for Alexa in your phone. Go to your phone settings and turn off the Alexa Notifications under the “Notifications” option. For many people, this trick worked.
- Use Chrome as your default browser on your android mobile instead of any other. We do not have technical justification for his solution. But people reported this to be working for them.
Is your Amazon Alexa app still not working? Or Alexa app stuck on setup? You better discuss the issues with our experts. They can guide you better on how to fix these issues.