Amazon Echo Dot is a top-notch speaker that comes with an Alexa voice assistant. You can easily use them without any stress and enjoy their various features. When your Amazon Echo stops responding, or you want to erase all its settings, resetting it will restore it to factory settings. Your data won’t be visible to anyone else if you set up the device as new, or if you give it to someone else. It is also crucial to reset Alexa Echo perfectly so you can quickly set up your device again.
You can restart your Alexa-powered speaker by unplugging it from the wall and plugging it back in if it doesn’t respond. If the device still doesn’t respond after plugging it back in, you can try resetting it by pressing and holding the mute and volume-down buttons together for a few seconds. You can then hear a chime, indicating the device has restarted. In this article, we can discuss the different aspects of reset Alexa Echo. Let’s check!
1: Reset Your Amazon Echo Dot By Using Alexa App
You can also use the Alexa app to reset Alexa Echo speakers. You can reset your Amazon Echo device by opening the Alexa app and going to Devices > Echo & Alexa. Tap the gear icon on the device you want to reset. In the pop-up window, tap Deregister after scrolling down and tapping Deregister. You can follow the below steps to reset Alexa Echo.
- You can open the Alexa app. In case you don’t have the app you can download it from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- Look for the house-shaped icon in the lower right-hand corner of your screen and click on the devices.
- Next, you can click on Echo & Alexa.
- You can then reset your Amazon Echo Dot Setup device by selecting it.
- Now go to the top right corner of your screen and click on the gear icon.
- To get there, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Alternatively, you can scroll down and click on the deregister.
- When the pop-up window appears, tap Deregister. Your Echo will restart as soon as you tap Deregister, and Alexa will announce that you can begin setting it up.
- All your data will be erased once your device resets. To set up the device as new, tap Continue in the Alexa app. You can also tap Later and unplug the device if you want to sell it or give it away. After doing so, you need to register your device to their Amazon account.
There is a need to follow all the steps properly to reset Alexa Echo.
2: Reset Your Amazon Echo By Directly From Speakers
You can quickly reset your Amazon Echo directly from speakers but it also depends on your model and its generations. There is a difference in some steps so it is necessary to know the generation and model number of your Echo device, Here we can discuss the steps of resetting Alexa Echo for your device. First, we discuss the standard Echo according to generation.
- Hold the Reset button for a few seconds with a paper clip or other small object.
- When you see the device with a spinning orange light ring, let go.
- To turn off the microphone, hold down the Volume Down button and the Microphone Off button simultaneously for a few seconds.
- As soon as an orange light ring appears on the device, release both buttons.
Third or Fourth Generation
- The light ring will pulse orange and then turn off after approximately 20 seconds of holding the Action button.
- It can turn orange again, then turn blue, then turn orange again.
3: Reset of Amazon Echo Plus From the Speakers
You can also reset your Amazon Echo Plus device from direct speakers. Let us check the steps according to their generation.
- To reset the device, press and hold the Reset button for five seconds with a paper clip or other small tool.
- You can release the device when you see an orange light ring spinning.
- The light ring will turn off after approximately 20 seconds when the Action button is pressed and held.
- You will need to wait for the light ring to turn on again.
4: Reset of Amazon Echo Dot From the Speakers
There is a need to check the below steps to reset Alexa Echo Dot device directly from the speakers. Check these steps :
- Press and hold the Reset button for five seconds with a paper clip or another small tool.
- When you see the device’s orange light ring spinning, release it.
- Simultaneously press and hold the Microphone Off and Volume Down buttons for a few seconds.
- When the device shows a spinning orange light ring, stop pressing the buttons.
Third or Fourth Generation
- Here you can press and hold its Action button for a few seconds until its light ring turns off.
- Now you can wait for a few seconds until its light right ring turns on.
5: Reset of Amazon Echo Show From the Speakers
You can check these steps to reset Alexa Echo Show from the speakers.
- The Amazon logo will appear after about 15 seconds of holding the Mute and Volume Down buttons.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to configure your device.
6: Reset of Amazon Echo Studio From the Speakers
- For about 20 seconds, hold down both the Volume Down and Microphone Off buttons simultaneously.
- Make sure the lights are turned off and then on again.
7: Reset of Amazon Echo Flex From the Speakers
- The light ring will pulse orange and then turn off after a few seconds of holding the Action button.
- Turn the light back on, let it turn blue, and then turn orange again.
You can use the above steps to reset Alexa Echo device according to their model and generation. It is also imperative to follow all on-screen instructions and steps perfectly so you can quickly complete reset Alexa Echo process.
It becomes necessary for users to reset their Alexa Echo device because when they are not able to fix the error quickly. A simple reset of your Amazon Echo device will solve most Alexa issues. It is also vital for users to use the steps according to the model and generation of their device.