The Amazon Alexa virtual assistant, often referred to as Alexa, is a voice-activated assistant that can answer straightforward questions and perform a variety of tasks. With the Echo speaker series, customers can read emails, check the weather, and receive news updates. There is no charge to use Alexa each month, but you will need an internet connection to use it. Most of the time, it works well but sometimes Echo Dot stuck on searching for WiFi. Users get frustrated because they can’t use Alexa.
It occurs because of a weak network signal, an incorrect Wi-Fi password, or a problem with the Wi-Fi connection itself. Make sure that the Wi-Fi network is broadcasting, and the password is correct, and then reset the Echo Dot device and try connecting again. When the Wi-Fi network is broadcasting and the password is correct, it is an issue with the Wi-Fi connection itself. To resolve this, try resetting the Echo Dot device and then attempting to reconnect.
It is a better option to fix the Echo Dot stuck in update mode. The reset option ensures that all the connections are reset and the device can start fresh, thus making sure that the issue is not due to any connection issues. This helps in resolving the issue much faster. Here we can discuss the reasons and solutions for the Echo Dot stuck in setup mode.
Reasons For the Echo Dot Stuck on Searching WIFI
There can be several reasons why Echo Dot is stuck searching for WiFi. Common causes include incorrect WIFI details, an incorrect setup, or a weak signal. To solve this issue, make sure you have the correct WIFI details, follow the setup instructions, and move the Echo device to a spot with a stronger signal. Here you can check the detailed information on various causes of the Echo Dot stuck in update mode.
Sometimes users face network issues, so Echo Dot stuck in setup mode, This happens when the device cannot connect to the network or the connection is weak. When this happens, the device can’t complete the setup process, and it gets stuck in setup mode.
There is also the chance of a software issue with Alexa, so you are facing the Echo Dot stuck on searching for wifi. It happens because of a variety of factors, including a corrupted installation, a faulty network connection, or a malfunctioning router. To resolve the issue, you need to troubleshoot the device, check your network settings, and make sure your router is in good working condition.
When there is a hardware issue with your Alexa, it shows the Echo Dot stuck searching for wifi. This is usually because of a damaged or faulty wifi card, which prevents the Echo Dot from connecting to a wifi network. There is also the chance of a weak wifi signal or incorrect wifi configuration, such as incorrect credentials.
When you are using the outdated firmware of your Echo Dot device, an issue occurs. Outdated firmware can cause the device to malfunction and produce unexpected results. When the firmware is outdated, it does not have the latest bug fixes and security patches, leaving it vulnerable to potential issues.
After this, you can quickly solve the Echo Dot stuck on searching for wifi.
Methods to Fix Echo Dot Stuck on Searching on WiFi
Users must use proven methods to fix the Echo Dot stuck on searching on WiFi. Users can use the following methods to fix the issue.
Power Cycle the Smart Speaker
Your Amazon Echo Dot is experiencing this issue. The first step to fixing it is to restart it. Upon restarting, the files are loaded again, and the device enters setup mode again. Restarting the device and reloading files and settings helps to resolve issues arising from corrupted files or software glitches, which you seem to have no trouble doing. It also puts the device into setup mode, allowing you to reconfigure the settings and make sure everything is working properly. Press and hold the dot button to turn off your Alexa device.
- Remove the Alexa power adapter from the wall outlet.
- Make sure the Echo device is turn on before plugging it in for a minute.
- After turning your Echo device on, reconnect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Now you can check whether the Echo Dot stuck in update mode is fixed or not.
Check Network Connection
A network connection is required to use your Echo Dot. To resolve the issue, we suggest you ensure your Internet connection and, check whether the issue still exists. A free online tool called Internet Speed Checker can also help you check the speed of your internet connection. Make sure your Internet connection has good download speeds. It may be necessary to switch the data connection if that does not work. Here you can find distinct steps to check the speed of the internet.
- On your computer, open your browser. The web browser of your choice is up to you.
- Get your speed checked by typing speedtest.net. You can check your connection speed using the speed test site.
- A speed test will be started when you click the Go button.
- The speed test results must be completed before proceeding. You can find out how fast you are at downloading and uploading by checking your speed.
- Rebooting your Wi-Fi router or network devices, fix the problem as well. Here users can check out the steps:
- Your modem’s and router’s power cords need to be unplugged.
- Turn on your modem and router after a minute by reconnecting the power supply.
- You will need to wait until the lights are back on.
- It is also important to check whether Echo Dot stuck in setup mode is fixed or not.
Update Your Alexa App
For the Amazon Echo Dot smart speaker to be set up, the Alexa app needs to be update. When setting up your Echo Dot, make sure that you are using the latest Alexa App. In the Google Play Store, click on the Alexa App and see if an update is available by clicking on it. The Alexa App is the main software that runs the Echo Dot device. It is important to make sure it is up-to-date so that the Echo Dot has all the latest features and bug fixes. Additionally, when setting up the Echo Dot, you need to use the most up-to-date Alexa App to ensure that the setup process runs smoothly.
- You can launch the Play Store or App Store by clicking on the link.
- You can find the Alexa App icon by searching for it.
- Whenever you see an update button, click it.
After this, you can check whether Echo Dot stuck in setup mode is fixed or not.
Use Amazon Website
You can complete the full setup by going to Amazon’s Official Website if your Echo Dot stuck in setup mode. To complete the setup, go to the website and follow the steps listed below.
- The first step is to visit the website
- You will then need to enter your login information on the website
- Here you can go to Settings.
- Setup a device by clicking on the Setup a Device button
- Now you complete the Echo Dot setup.
Reinstall Alexa App
A corrupted app can sometimes cause the problem. Your Amazon Echo Dot device will need to be reinstall to fix the updating issues. Corrupted apps can cause unexpected behaviors in the device, which come in the form of errors or slow performance. Reinstalling the app can fix any errors that are caused by the corrupted app, restoring the device to its original state.
- You can access the App Store on your mobile device by opening the App Store.
- You can find Amazon Alexa by searching.
- The Alexa app needs to be uninstall.
- Click on Install.
- Your Amazon account must be sign in before you can click Open.
Now you can check whether Echo Dot stuck searching for wifi is fixed or not.
Factory Reset Amazon Echo Dot
A factory reset is require if Echo Dot stuck in update mode during software updates. It is cause by corrupted software. Here are the steps for resetting a common Alexa device:
First: Resetting Your Amazon Echo Dot (1st Generation)
- Reset the device by pressing and holding the Reset button for a few seconds.
- You will need to wait for the light ring to turn off and on again.
Resetting Your Amazon Echo (2nd Generation)
- Keeping the Volume Down and Microphone Off buttons pressed for 20 seconds will turn off the microphone.
- You will need to wait for the light ring to turn off and on again.
- Setup mode is enable on your device. You can find setup instructions on Set Up Your Echo.
Resetting Your Amazon Echo (3rd or 4th Generation)
- For 20 seconds, hold down the Action button.
- Be patient and wait until the light ring turns on and off again.
- Setup mode is entere on your device. You can find setup instructions on Set Up Your Echo.
Here, users need to check whether the Echo Dot stuck on searching for wifi is fix or not.
You can quickly use the above methods to fix Echo Dot stuck on searching for wifi. It is also imperative to follow all the steps perfectly so you can quickly solve the issue. There is also a need to use the fast network for your Alexa Setup device.