Can you tell me if your Alexa has the Brief Mode enabled or not? Alexa will speak less when you give her commands with this mode. Instead of giving a voice response, it may play a short sound. In this article we discuss Alexa Brief Mode Not Working.
Thus, for people who find unnecessary voices annoying, Alexa’s brief mode has been a lifesaver.
However, almost from the moment, it was launched, Brief mode has experienced issues
It’s okay if you find Alexa Brief Mode Not Working. Don’t panic. It’s not just you who’s having trouble. Hence, we have developed specific solutions that will definitely restore the brief mode.
Alexa Brief Mode Not Working? Here’s What To Do
Here are 7 troubleshooting hacks that will fix your Alexa brief mode issue quickly. Once you’ve tried each tip, move on to the next step if you don’t succeed. Let’s go ahead and begin.
Brief Mode may not be working on your Echo device for the following reasons:
- You may not have the feature enabled.
- There is an outdated version of Alexa on your device.
- A malfunctioning Echo device may require a power cycle/factory reset.
Troubleshooting Alexa Brief Mode Not Working Issue
It is now time to take a look at what you can do yourself in order to resolve this issue.
Ensure That Brief Mode Is Enabled
By default, Alexa doesn’t support Brief Mode, so you need to enable it to use it. If the feature doesn’t work for you, first make sure you have it enabled. Turn it back on and try giving Alexa a command again to see if it resolves the issue.
For the Alexa app, here’s how to enable Brief Mode:
- Tap on the three-line icon (menu) in the upper left corner of the Alexa app.
- From the Settings menu, select “Voice Responses.”
- There will be a “Brief Mode” option available. To enable the feature, toggle it on.
You can now try giving Alexa a command to see if the problem has been resolved.
If the problem persists, you should follow the next steps.
Turn Off And On The Brief Mode
Trying disabling and enabling Brief Mode again if it had already been enabled but wasn’t working.
To disable Brief Mode, follow these steps:
- Click the three-line menu icon in the top left corner of the Alexa app on your phone.
- Access the “Settings” menu and click “Voice Responses”.
To disable Brief Mode, toggle it off.
- After closing the app, wait about 30 seconds before turning on Brief Mode again.
- Check out the first troubleshooting step above if you need help enabling Brief Mode.
- Next, test Brief Mode to see if everything is working as it should.
- If not, proceed to the next step of troubleshooting.
Do A Power Cycle On Your Echo Device
Power cycling your Amazon Echo device is another option you can try. Upon rebooting the device, you will receive all previous settings you have made.
- Disconnect the Echo device’s power adapter from its power source (outlet).
- Reconnect it after 10-20 seconds. It might fix the Brief Mode issues if you reboot/power cycle your Echo device.
Check The App Updates
You might encounter issues with the Alexa app if you are using an outdated version. That’s why the Brief Mode feature isn’t working despite being enabled.
Update the Alexa app in Google Play or Apple App Store if there are any updates.
Reset Your Echo Device To Factory Settings
In most cases, resetting an Echo device will solve some problems. Hence, if the Brief Mode feature issues persist, try performing a factory reset.
Press and hold the Microphone off and Volume down buttons simultaneously to reset your Echo device. Subsequently, the light ring should turn orange after about 15-20 seconds of holding the buttons.
The method above will work for Echo Dot (2nd Gen). Using an Echo 3rd or 4th Gen, you can reset your device as follows:
- After pressing and holding the “Action” button for about 30 seconds, release it.
- An orange light ring illuminates and then turns off.
- The light ring will turn blue once the light turns on again.
- Upon entering setup mode, your Echo device will turn orange again to indicate it has been reset.
This is how you reset your Echo device. Re-install it and turn off Brief Mode the same way you did when you first installed it. Next, see if Brief Mode is now working.
Upon entering setup mode, your Echo device will turn orange again to indicate it has been reset.
Continue to the next step if you don’t find it working.
Get In Touch With Expert For Solution on Alexa Brief Mode Not Working
Try contacting Alexa expert directly for further assistance if you have tried all the fixes but Brief Mode is still not working.
Sometimes, a server glitch can cause issues like this, so contact Alexa Expert and ask for their recommendations. It may just take some time before you get a response or you might need to replace your Echo if you don’t get one right away.
As A Final Note
The tips in this post should help you fix Brief Mode issues with your Alexa device or system.
Recap: To troubleshoot Alexa Brief Mode issues, check and enable Brief Mode first. Afterward, reactivate the feature after turning it off first.
You may need to power cycle your Echo device and perform a factory reset if the issue persists. In case of failure, contact the experts to resolve the Alexa Brief Mode Not Working Issues.
Read Also: Alexa Not Responding Issues