So you too got an error on your screen stating ‘Amazon Echo Registration Failure.’ Well, don’t feel yourself in any black hole.
One can expect ‘Echo Registration Failure Error’ or ‘Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1‘ while trying to register the Echo device.
Read this troubleshooting guide till the last. This will help you learn about the best fixes for the Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error. So you better read this guide till the last.
Let’s start rolling the ball!!
Understanding the Echo Dot Registration Failure Error
First, let’s know what exactly ‘Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error‘ means. This error indicates something went wrong while you tried to register your Echo device with your Amazon account. Although, Amazon Echo Registration is a very straightforward process you can’t swear by technology.
Click here to learn step by step instructions on ‘How to Set up Amazon Echo’
The Main Echo Registration Error Messages that you could get on your screen are:
- Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error
- Alexa Error 10:2:12:3:1.
In simple words, these messages may occur because of any trouble during the Amazon Echo registration process. The problem could be at your end or the device end. So whenever you see any such echo registration error on your screen, don’t panic.
Now the concern is how to fix Amazon Echo Error related to Amazon Echo Registration. Do not worry; the following section will explain easy fixes to shoo away Echo Registration Failure Error.
Troubleshooting Echo Registration Failure Error
Google recorded millions of Echo registration problems in the past few years. Even we have received plenty of calls from a user asking for help with the Echo registration error.
This section will give you more than the required knowledge on fixing Echo registration error.
There could be following two possibilities when you buy your Echo:
- Buying a brand new echo device.
- Buying a refurbished or someone gifted you Echo.
You have to deal with the Amazon Echo Registration task in both cases. And unfortunately can get registration failure error in both situations.
Similarly, you have to follow different troubleshooting steps in both cases.
Feeling confused? Don’t be, to make things easy to understand for you. We will be explaining the troubleshooting methods for both situations.
Step1: Fixing Echo Error 10:2:12:3:1 – for Brand New device
If you have bought a brand new echo device for you and still getting an Echo registration failure error. That indicates you are doing something wrong. Following we have chalked out the list of some troubleshooting step. These will help you to fix Amazon Echo registration error on a new device.
- Make sure you are using same email id for Amazon echo registration that you used while buying one.
- Do a Hard Reset Echo device to its default factory settings.
- Restart your Echo device, Alexa app, your modem, and router as well.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Alexa app again on your smartphone.
- Lastly, there could be a problem at Amazon server end. That is resulting in getting you Echo registration error. In such a situation, try Echo Dot registration process after a short break.
Tip: Restart your Echo device and Alexa app once. After performing all/any steps mentioned above.
Step2: Echo Registration Failure Error – for the Refurbished/gifted device.
Have any of your friends/family gifted you Echo device? (lucky you are!!). But keeping this device registered with their Amazon account could create trouble. One such problem is getting Amazon Echo Registration Failure Error. To fix the problem, do the following.
- Try to contact the previous owner of the device.
- Request him to deregister this device (that you have now) from his Amazon account.
- Once he confirms, you should reset your echo device (Hard Reset is recommended).
- Now login to your Amazon account.
- Register this Echo under your logged in Amazon account.
All done!! Now you can proceed with Alexa Echo set up as you would no longer get any Amazon Echo Error.
Step3: Update Your Echo Alexa App
If you are using the Smart Amazon Alexa old version device, then you will get an Alexa Echo registration failure error 10:2:12:3:1. And you need to fix the Alexa registration problem by following some steps.
- Firstly you need to update and install the latest version of the Echo Dot Alexa App on your Smartphone device.
- Then after installation, open the Alexa App on your smartphone and go to the setting section option and click on Echo device and update the Alexa App or software.
Step4: Need Help from Alexa Expert
If you will do all the above steps and still there the Alexa registration error, then contact the Alexa expert today, they will provide the Alexa setup service and instant solution to Alexa setup issues.
Have no idea about how to factory reset Amazon Echo? Contact us now!