If you are unable to connect your Vivitar smart plug outlet to Alexa, then you are at the right place. Here you will get to know How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa.
Alexa allows us to connect Alexa-compatible devices to it and also helps us to control them just by giving a voice command. It is a smart virtual assistant, that happily responds to our voice commands.
Alexa can play your favorite songs, read the latest headlines, dim the lights in your living room, and more. It requires an active internet connection, to perform its functions nicely.
Vivitar is an electronic device, that helps in controlling devices remotely with the Vivitar wireless smart plug. It fits any ordinary power socket and pairs over Wi-Fi.
Turning lights and appliances on and off from anywhere with the iOS or Android app is easier. And it also allows us to control the discharge of electricity to connected devices.
If you do not know How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa, then simply go through the below instructions to connect the Vivitar smart outlet to Alexa.
Methods for How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa
Here you will get a step-by-step guide for How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa. And once you successfully connected to the Alexa device, then you will be able to control your lights using your voice.
But before connecting you are Vivitar smart outlet to Alexa, first set up your smart lights. If you don’t know how to do so, then below are the instructions to do the same.
- Plug your smart outlet into the wall outlet.
- If the LED light starts flashing red and it means that it is searching for the network.
- And if the LED becomes solid red, means it is connected to the network but the power output is off.
- If it turns blue, then it indicates that it is connected to the network with the power output on.
- After this, you need to open the Vivitar Smart Home Security app on your phone.
- Then click on “Devices,” and select add the “Add New Devices” option.
- From here you can add your device either by scanning a barcode or by choosing it from a checklist.
And after this, you need to install the Alexa app on your phone. After now, you can download it, from the App Store or the Play Store. With this, you can manage alarms, music, shopping lists, and more.
After successfully setting up the smart plug and installing the Alexa app on your phone. You have to add a Vivitar smart outlet to Alexa. The following are the instructions for How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa.
- To do so, first, you have to add Vivitar smart lights and outlets skills. And for this, open the Alexa app on your phone.
- After you can click on the “Menu” button icon, and select the option “Skills and Games.”
- After this, search for Vivitar smart light and outlet, and then click on “Enable to Use.”
- And then fill in your Vivitar account credentials, and click on the “Link Now.”
- Now you have to add your Vivitar lights to Alexa and to do this you just need to say “Hey Alexa Discover My Device” if you want to do this by using an Alexa device.
- .And if you want to add through the Alexa app, then launch the Alexa app, and click on “Devices.”
- Now click on “Add,” and select “Add Device.” And then select “Light” and click on the “Other” option.
- After this, click on “Discover Devices,” and now the smart plug will be added to Alexa.
- Once you completed the above steps, on your computer open the web browser. And enter https://alexa.amazon.com, and click on enter.
- Now you need to fill in your Amazon account Email and Password, then click on “Sign In.”
- Then select “Smart Home” and click on “Devices.” And then select the “Discover” option, now it will start searching for your devices.
- Now your Vivitar light will be added to Alexa.
Now you have successfully connected the Vivitar smart light outlet to the Alexa. From now on you can use your voice to turn the light on and off, and change the color of light, and the brightness of the light.
Certainly, these steps will help you with How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa. So, before seeking help from someone, go through the above steps, to do so.
If you want to connect Vivitar smart outlet to Alexa, then it is required to follow each instruction as given. If these steps are unable to help you, then try to get in touch with an Alexa expert.
They will provide you with full assistance, and also assist you in How to Add a Vivitar Smart Outlet to Alexa Setup.