Sonos is a leading provider of wireless home audio systems. They offer a range of products that connect to your home network. It allows you to stream music from various sources, including streaming services, radio, and personal music libraries. The products are easy to set up and use, and they offer excellent sound quality. Sonos devices all support Alexa voice control, though not all speakers have Alexa built-in. Alexa is in the Sonos One, Roam, Move, Era 100, and Era 300 speakers. It is also crucial to know how to control Sonos with Alexa Amazon Echo.
Alexa With Sonos
Alexa is also available on the Beam, Beam Gen 2, and Arc soundbars. This allows you to control the volume, skip songs, and access all of Alexa’s features, like creating playlists or ordering groceries, all with simple voice commands. Plus, you can stream podcasts, music, and more with the Alexa app. With Alexa, you can easily control your Sonos devices without fumbling with a remote. Enjoy the convenience of voice-activated commands to manage your favorite audio content.
You can need an Alexa-enabled device to control other Sonos units such as Play:1, Sonos Five, or Sonos One SL. This can be one of Amazon’s Echo devices, a Fire tablet, or one of Sonos’ eight built-in Alexa speakers. Here we can discuss the proper method for the how to control Sonos with Alexa.
Combine Alexa and Sonos For How To Control Sonas With Amazon Alexa
It is also critical to attach your Alexa and Sonos before starting the process of learning how to control Sonas with Amazon Alexa. It is also important to follow all the steps accordingly. You have two options for combining both devices.
- It is possible to control Sonos functions using an Amazon Echo device connected to a Sonos wireless speaker (also known as a Sonos player), Playbar, Playbase, or Connect.
- Both the Sonos Beam soundbar and the Sonos One wireless speaker have Amazon Echo integration.
Things You Need For Sonos
- You can use these products to attach the Amazon Echo to Sona players.
- Wi-Fi routers are needed.
- In the Sonos system, the latest software is needed.
- You need an Amazon Echo Dot device.
Set Up Your Sonos Speaker
When you have set up your Sonos speakers, you can move on to Alexa section 2. You can download the Sonos app to your phone, tablet, or computer if you just purchased a Sonos player or system. To set it up, you will need to follow the instructions. Android users can download the Sonos app from Google Play, Amazon App Store, or the Apple App Store. These things are necessary for how to control Sonos with Amazon Alexa.
Set Up Amazon Alexa and Echo Device
Getting your Sonos system connected to Alexa and Echo is easy once it’s up and running.
- Your smartphone already has the Alexa app installed. It can be downloaded from Google Play, the Amazon App Store, or the Apple App Store.
- You will need to open the Alexa app on your smartphone and set up your Echo device.
- Here you can go to More > Skills & Games.
- Tap the Sonos skill when you search for Sonos.
- Your Sonos account will be enabled once you tap Enable.
- Make sure your speakers are connected by tapping Discover Devices. Check that all of your Sonos players appear on the list if you have more than one.
- You can also say, “Discover devices.”
All the above steps are necessary for how to control Sonos with Alexa.
Control Sonos With Amazon Echo
You can use Alexa to control your Sonos speakers once your Sonos player(s) are discovered. It is necessary to add streaming music services to the Alexa and Sonos apps to use Sonos to listen to streaming music controlled by Alexa. You may be prompted to take additional steps.
You can also get various options, such as Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, and many more.
How to Use Alexa With Sonos One and Sonos Beam
Using Alexa voice control with Sonos One and Sonos Beam requires no external Echo device, as it is built-in. After completing the Sonos part of the setup, you must activate Alexa.
Make sure your Sonos One and Beam are connected to your Wi-Fi router before you begin. Proceed with the Sonos portion of the setup in the same way as you can with any other Sonos product. Make sure Alexa is added once you are done. Here, you can check out these steps.
- You can add the Sonos One or Beam to your device list by downloading the Sonos and Alexa apps on your smartphone.
- Select Add Amazon Alexa from Browse > Add Voice Control in the Sonos app.
- You can also tap Amazon Alexa on the More tab, then select Voice Services.
- Log in with your Amazon account by tapping Connect Your Amazon Account. To move on to the next step, you must create an account if you don’t already have one.
- When you log in, you will be asked to test Alexa. Make sure your smartphone is equipped with Alexa.
- You can enable the Sonos skill through the Sonos app or from the Alexa app.
- You can add music services to Alexa. Users can verify music services on Alexa by tapping Verify Music Services.
- See the previous section on connecting Echo devices to Sonos speakers for more information.
- Make Alexa your default music service by linking your music service account. Alexa and Sonos both require services to be added.
- When you complete the steps for how to control Sonos with Alexa, you can use your Sonos speaker perfectly.
Method to Removing Alexa From Sonos
You can disable the Alexa Sonos skill if you want to remove Alexa voice control from Sonos. Users can remove Alexa using the Sonos app on the One or Beam. You can use these steps to remove
- Alexa from Sonos.
- Now you can click on Settings.
- Here you can tap on Voice Services.
- After that, tap on Disable Alexa.
- You can also add Alexa to Sonos speakers.
It is imperative for users to properly attach Alexa to their Sonos, so it is necessary to follow all the steps for how to control Sonos with Amazon Alexa. You can easily give various voice commands and use your Sonos.