When you are purchasing the Amazon Fire TV, then you can be assured that there will be a voice controlling feature with it as well But some problem arise as Alexa not connecting to Fire TV. Although you can still use Alexa, the remotes can also handle the Alexa voice control.
But as you can see that the controller is so tiny, you need to link it with the Alexa app or the echo speaker. If you see that the fire Tv is not showing in the Alexa app, then do not worry as there are steps that can resolve that issue.
Although for some users the process of linking is not going to be that easy the fire Tv is not going to show on the Alexa app but there is a possibility that it will connect to the app.
If you see Alexa not connecting to fire TV, then you will receive a message saying sorry we could not find any device to link. Thus, you need to take the necessary measures in order to resolve the issue.
What Causes For Alexa Won’t Connect to Fire TV?
There are some reasons which are why you have to face these issues. Let us see Following what are reasons for those issues:
- Make sure that you link the Alexa device with the fire TV properly so that there are no loose ends after that.
- The Wi-Fi connection must be strong otherwise you must be facing issues. Check the connection.
- Also, ensure that when switched on your Alexa device as most of the time the device is off and therefore resulting in this issue.
- Make sure that you have upgraded the Alexa firmware which is why you might face this issue.
- Not using the same Amazon account with Alexa App or Fire TV cause for Alexa Echo won’t connect to Fire TV.
Let us Now Proceed to the Troubleshooting Steps.
Troubleshooting Steps to Solve the Alexa Echo Not Connecting To Fire TV
If you are facing the same issue, then follow the solutions below in order to resolve the issue Echo Won’t Connect to fire tv : For that, you need to follow some troubleshooting steps.
Step1: Link the Fire Tv and the Alexa Properly:
These are the right steps that you are following in order to resolve the issue Alexa won’t connect to Wi-Fi. Through these, you will be able to link the fire Tv with the Amazon Alexa. There is no issue in verifying the steps whether are correct or not.
Let us See What You Need To do In Order to Connect the Fire Tv with the Alexa:
Step 1: The first thing that you need to do is to power on the TV with the Fire Tv plugged in. if this is the first time when you’re using the Fire Tv, then you need to set it up by connecting them to Wi-Fi. If you think that you have already set it up, then it will automatically get registered with the Wi-Fi network.
Step 2: You need to open the Alexa app on your phone and then press on the three-bar icon. After that, you need to go to the settings.
Step 3: Then select the TV and video that is followed by fire tv.
Step 4: Your fire TV name is going to appear. Press on it in order to link it.
Step2: Turn It Off and then ON:
- When you are following the right steps and the fire Tv is not showing in the Alexa app, then this is the time to finally try on the magic trick. Well, that trick is to restart the device. This has proven to solve a lot many digital issues.
- By restraining the phone and the Fire TV, you might be able to resolve the issue in no time. If you see that nothing is working out, then you need to restart the router as well. If you see that nothing is working out, then follow the next step.
- Make sure You are using the same Amazon Echo Account:
- The Alexa app and the Fire Tv need to be on the same Wi-Fi network in order to link it successfully and then also connect with the same Amazon account.
If you find out that your fire Tv is running on one Amazon account and the Alexa app is running in another, then you will be facing the issue of Alexa Echo not connecting to fire tv.
Thus, the fire Tv is not going to shop in any App.
Step3: Keep the Alexa App and the Fire TV in the Same Time Zone:
- At times the issue will arise as the fire Tv and the Alexa app are in very different time zones. Make sure that you are keeping them in the same time zones. In order to change the time zone of the Alexa app, you need to follow the step mentioned below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to open the app and then tap on the devices option at the bottom. After that press on echo and then Alexa.
After that press on the Alexa on this phone option that is followed by the time zone. Here you need to keep it the same as you keep it on the Fire TV.
- In order to change the Fire TV time, follow the steps below:
- The first thing that you need to do is to go to the settings of the fire TV.
After that scroll on the right and then click on the option of preferences. There you need to select the option of time zone and then select the same as it is on the Alexa App.
Step4: Update the Alexa App and the Fire TV:
- As there are sometimes when there is an old version of the software of either the Alexa app or the fire TV, the Alexa won’t be able to detect the fire TV. This is even when they are not on the same network.
- It is suggested to check the update of the Alexa app from the play store or the app store depending on the OS you are using, if you see that there is any new update, then install it immediately.
Step5: Uses the Same Amazon Account
- You need to use the same Amazon account with the same Wi-Fi network to link Alexa App or Fire TV.
- Because if you are using the Fire Tv connect with a different Amazon account and Alexa App connects with a different Amazon account, then Alexa won’t connect to Fire TV in the Alexa App.
Step6: Need to Unlink and Relink Fire TV
If Fire Tv won’t connect to the Alexa Echo device, then you need to unlink the TV with the Smart Alexa Echo device and relink the TV again.
Step7: Alexa Echo Help Expert
These are some of the steps that will help you resolve the issue of Alexa won’t connect to fire tv. Well, if you are still not able to resolve the issue, then get in touch with our experts.
Read Also The Blog: Alexa Won’t Connect to Blink Camera