Well, do you that the Alexa Won’t turn on, and have you been worried? Have you seen that your Alexa device is dead? Well, having the smart device placed in the home is going to give you a lot of smart options.
This is going to give the home a smart environment where the voice command is going to do most of the works for you. It may be the smart Tv or the security system, this device will work for you just like a robot.
It is going to listen to each of your commands and is going to play your song. Although there are some issues just like the other devices that the Alexa can also face. One of the most common issues is the Amazon Alexa won’t turn on issue.
If you are facing this issue and are looking for the solution, well, then you have come to the right place. Here you are going to learn the reason why you are facing these issues and how you will be able to resolve them.
Causes OF The Issue: Alexa Won’t Turn On
- Alexa-enabled devices are very popular devices from Amazon that has built-in Alexa voice support. There are at times when you might face that the smart device is not turning on even after you have plugged it in your power outlet.
- One of the simplest reasons for this error is that there is some incorrect plugging of the adapter in the power supply.
Main Reason Behind for Alexa Echo won’t turn On
- Power Cord not properly plugged in
- Damaged or faulty the Power Cord
- Faulty the power supply or Circuit board or power supply broken circuit in Alexa Echo
- Faulty the motherboard malfunctions
- Alexa Power Devices Issues
What to do if the Alexa won’t turn on?
Now that you have learned the main reasons that are responsible for this issue, let us now learn how to fix the issue without any worry.
Step1: Check the Power Cord not properly plugged in
Step2: Check the Faulty or damaged Power Cord or change it
Step3: Resolve the faulty the power supply or Circuit board or power supply broken circuit in Alexa Echo
Step4: Check and solve the faulty the motherboard malfunctions
Read Also Here: Fix the Alexa Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi Issues
Basic Troubleshooting Steps When Amazon Alexa Won’t Turn On:
There are some basic troubleshooting steps that you have to follow and are going to work great for you:
Step1: Unplug the Echo
Step2: Change the Power Outlet
Step3: Replace the Power Adapter
Step4: Get In Touch with Amazon For Replacement
Step5: Alexa App Setting
Step6: Some Advanced Troubleshooting Steps
Step1: Unplug the Echo:
The first troubleshooting method is called unplugging the device. You might have heard it but you need to make sure that you follow the right procedure.
- The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the power adapter from the power source.
- After that, you need to wait for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
- If you see that your echo device has become hot, then you need to let it cool down.
- Then put the adapter back in the power outlet.
- If whether your Alexa-powered device is working or not.
If the device is still not working, then you need to follow the next step.
Step2: Change the Power Outlet:
- If you see that the simple unplug method did not work out for you, then you can easily change the power source. There can be an issue with the power outlet as well.
- Make sure that you go to the nearby power source and then check whether it is serviceable or not. Plug in the table lamp in order to check whether it is working. After that insert the Alexa power adapter to see if there is a new power source and then turn on the device. Make sure to check whether the device is working or not.
- If not, then do the next step.
Step3: Replace the Power Adapter:
- After that check, if the power adapter or the wire is in good condition or not. There are at times when there is a wear and tear in the wire which may cause loss of power supply for the device.
- If there is any visible wear and tear, then replace the power adapter. Always remember, that that you purchase the amazon certified products only.
Step4: Get In Touch with Amazon For Replacement:
If you see that the issue is not resolve, then you must get in touch with support from Amazon. Also, make sure that your device is in the warranty period in order to get the replacement.
Step5: Alexa App Setting:
In order to do so, you need to follow the steps from the Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa App
- Then go to the help and the feedback option.
- Select call customer service and select your device
- After that select the category
- Also, make sure that you mention the issue.
- Select the call me option and amazon is going to get in touch with you.
Step6: Some Advanced Troubleshooting Steps:
If you see that the device has crossed the period of warranty, most likely you will not be eligible for the replacement. Well, if you are falling in this category, then you do to have to worry as you can do the following:
Get Your Circuit:
- If you see that the echo has failed to load during the troubleshoot, then it is the time that you need to go for advanced troubleshooting. Echo Device Mainly centrally build as Circuit board that already provided power supply to whole machine work.
- If the circuit parts or the component fails, then it will not pass the power. Thus, you must replace it. You can take your device to a technician in order to confirm the issue and then replace the circuit board.
If you are still not able to resolve the issue of Alexa Won’t turn on, then get in touch with our Alexa Helpline experts.
How to Turn off light on Alexa Echo device?
When you see a flashing yellow light, then it will mean that you have a notification or the Alexa contact has sent you a message. In order to stop the yellow flashing light, ask Alexa about the notification that you might have. The Alexa is going to alert you of any message that you might have.
How to Turn off messages and notifications on the Alexa Echo device?
When you want to disable the notifications, then you can say Alexa turn on Do not disturb mode. After that open the Alexa app on the phone and then go to the settings and select the device settings option. Then toggle to the do not disturb button. You are not going to receive any notifications that are there on the flashing lights on the echo dot.
What do the Buttons do on the Alexa Echo device?
Well, if you are thinking of what do the buttons do on the Echo dot, then it is going to depend on the Echo dot model. Well, depending on the Echo dot’s generation. It is going to have two to four buttons.
The action button is going to be used as the wake word, the microphone button will turn on the Microphone and switch it off as well. Then there are volume up and down buttons.
What means of Alexa Powered Devices:
- The quality products from the Amazon that are Alexa enabled are many. All the devices of the Alexa are power-packed and can be categorized as ultra-smart devices that will make your life very easy.
- Well, those days are gone when you had to check your mobile or the watch for the time. Now with the help of a single command from anywhere in the room, the Alexa powered device