You might have been seeing that whenever you command to play the music, at times Echo won’t connect to Amazon music. Well, have you also lost count and are looking for ways to resolve Alexa won’t play Music from Amazon Music issue.
When they are asking Alexa to play a song, it is not going to play from apps such as Amazon music or any other apps such as Spotify. Well, if you are facing the same issue, they will help you fix the issue with the help of the troubleshooting steps and resolve the Alexa Not Playing Music from Amazon Music.
When you have an amazon prime account, then you can get access to prime music that is also the home to the 2 million songs. You do not need to set it up in the Alexa Echo device because it will automatically detect the subscription without installing the any Amazon Music App
Why does Alexa Echo Won’t Connect to Amazon Music?
Some Reason Here Mention the Issues for Alexa not playing Music from Amazon Music or Alexa Echo Won’t Connect to Amazon Music.
There are some reasons why it may happen but you do not have to worry as there are solutions to these issues as well.
- Check the Wi-Fi connection before pointing fingers at any other issue.
- The Wi-Fi congestion might also result in this issue.
- Make sure that the distance between the router and the Amazon device is not much.
- Also, ensure that the router firmware is upgraded otherwise you are going to face some issues.
- Make sure there is no issue from the back which might have been triggering this issue.
- Not update the Current Amazon Country.
- You not Set Prime as a Default Music Provider.
- Not Subscription selected in App.
- Turn OFF the Explicit Filter.
After you are acquainted with the reasons, now, its time to move to the troubleshooting steps:
But if you see Alexa won’t connect to amazon music you need not get all panicky. You just need to follow the steps in order to resolve the Echo not connecting to Amazon Music issue.
Troubleshooting Steps To Fix: Alexa Echo Won’t Connect to Amazon Music
Step1: Restart the Echo:
- Well, you must start by restating or power cycling the echo. Well, in order to do that, you need to remove the power cable from the echo. After that, you need to wait for at least 20-30 seconds before you are plugging it back in.
- The moment you see that it has been plugged in, then you must play the Amazon music using Alexa.
Step2: Check the Current Streaming Devices:
- Just imagine that you are playing the songs through the Amazon app or the echo devices through the same Amazon account.
- Thus, You may not be able to streaming music on the same Amazon account because the Amazon music streaming is limited.
- This is because the prime music is only going to allow streaming only on a single device at a time.
Step3: Check all the Linked Accounts:
- The Amazon prime music is only going to work for the amazon prime members. So if you see that your echo device has multiple profiles that are linked with the multiple Amazon account, then you need to be signed in with the one that has the prime membership.
Step4: Check the Subscription:
- What you need to have is an active subscription with Amazon prime or the Amazon music limited in order to play great songs with Alexa. If you have not any type active subscription, then Alexa will not play your requested music.
In order to view the current subscription details, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the website company for the country and then log in with the account details.
- Click on the name at the top and then select the memberships and subscriptions. In some countries, you will have different options such as prime membership.
- You will get the list of all active subscriptions here.
Step5: Check Availability of Song:
- Make sure you have to take at least one active subscription music service from prime, then check the availability of the music. Because prime music offers fewer songs as compared to unlimited music.
- This way we can Alexa to play some other song. If you see that it is being played normally, then you song that you are searching for might not be available on prime. You can open the Prime music App and search the song manually.
Read Also here: How To Resolve The Alexa Won’t Connect To Spotify
Step6: Set Prime as a Default Music Provider:
- When you have multiple music providers in the Alexa app, then you would have to add the service name to the music command if it is not the default one. You just simply need to play the music and ask Alexa to play the music and the song will play from the prime music.
- There are at times when the songs are not available on other providers and we think Amazon music is not working. So, on the safer side make the default service provider with full commands like as say hey Alexa Play the music from Amazon Music.
In order to change the default music provider, follow these steps to solve :
Step 1: Open the Alexa app and then tap on the three-bar icon present on the top. Select the settings from it.
Step 2: Tap on Music.
Step 3: Tap on the default services and then select Amazon Music.
Step7: Turn OFF the Explicit Filter
Amazon Music has the feature to block songs that contain explicit lyrics, So you need to explicit filter setting in enable mode and play the songs.
Step8: Update the Current Amazon Country
Sometimes you will forget the current location of the country in the Amazon account setting and Alexa App. So, you need to update the current country and your location.
Step9: Try to Transfer Music to Different Country
If you are transferring or moving the Amazon Music to your current location country, then needs to follow some steps.
Step1: Go to open the music.amazon.com on your Device.
Step2: Now go to the menu bar and click on your present here “Your Amazon Music Setting“.
Step3: Go to the setting page. Scroll down and click here the present option” Move your music account” to a different country than your current location.
Step10: Deregister Alexa Echo
If all the above steps are done and still the Alexa Not Playing Music from Amazon Music problem there, then deregister the Alexa Echo device from your Alexa App.
Step1: Open your Alexa App or software on the Smartphone device.
Step2: Tap on Echo or Alexa by the name of the Alexa Echo device.
Step3: Scroll down here and tap to select the deregister and After sometime later, again Add the Echo Alexa in the Alexa App.
Step11: Alexa Echo Help
These are the steps through which you will be able to resolve the Echo won’t connect to Amazon Music or Alexa won’t play Music from Amazon Music. If you are still not able to resolve the issue on Alexa not connecting to Amazon music, then get in touch with our experts.